Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Firewalls and PCI

From: "Timmothy Lester" <Timmothy.Lester () primeadvisors com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 11:20:10 -0800

This is short, but why not just use DHCP reservations?  It won't protect
against all MITM attacks, but at least you have associated the IP wit
that MAC address.  Sure a rogue DHCP server could start handing out IPs
like candy,  but if your company gets big enough, static entry is "gonna
be a bi+ch".  I would implement other security features to protect your
network. Being afraid of DHCP isn't going to help you in the long run.
Sorry if I'm wasting your time reading this.