Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: SSL VPN

From: "Ivan ." <ivanhec () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 11:27:13 +1100

one would assume that a clientless solution would require less
management overhead

This may help - VPN Decision Guide
http://www.juniper.net/solutions/literature/white_papers/200232.pdf

cheers
Ivan

On Jan 17, 2008 10:49 AM, Chad Loder <cloder () loder us> wrote:
On Tue Jan 15/2008 @  8:01:P +0530 asdasd, Kartik wrote:
Hi List,

Currently we have 100+ home users who connect to our VPN gateway
(IPSEC) and access the resources. As the business is growing, within a
couple of months we'll be having more than 300 users operating from
home.

Management asked us to give them a "cost effective" solution to
migrate the existing home users to "SSL VPN" so that there won't be
any requirement of installing the software client etc (keeping in mind
that the associates working from home will be growing) and it will be
more secure.

Can you explain, in more detail, the perceived need for the SSL VPN?
If the only reason is "We don't want a software client", then there
would be no reason to switch away from IPSEC since all major operating
systems include a built-in IPSEC client.