Security Basics mailing list archives

A new Wiki - Protecting data on mobile devices

From: "Ali, Saqib" <docbook.xml () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 07:59:40 -0800

http://www.full-disk-encryption.net/wiki/

With data leaks due to stolen laptops making headlines every month, I
have decided to put together a wiki of various solutions that are
available for protecting data on these ever-increasing in number
mobile devices.

Right now I have divided these solutions into four categories:

    * 1 Content Control Solutions
    * 2 Digital Rights Management/Enterprise Rights Management Solutions
    * 3 Encrypted External Storage Devices
    * 4 File/Folder Encryption Solutions
    * 5 Full Disk Encryption Solutions
          o 5.1 Hardware Based
          o 5.2 Software Based
    * 6 TPM Management Solutions

I would like the subscribes of this list to help me in accurately
populating and maintaining the information in the wiki. Please visit
the wiki @

http://www.full-disk-encryption.net/wiki/

sign-up for a account and start populating the wiki.

Please let me know if you have any questions, OR would like to see
some other solutions add to the list.