Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: SIM Suggestions

From: "Albert R. Campa" <abcampa () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 10:57:13 -0500

Tenable Security Center integrates IDS/IPS logs, but I dont know if
its considered a SIM.

Albert

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 1:06 PM, David Gadoury <gadouryd () gmail com> wrote:
Has anyone on the list tried Tenable Security center?

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 4:15 AM, Vu Anh Tu <fpt-noc () fpt net> wrote:
Hi all,

The heart of SIMs is the correlation engine, I have tried MARS, Netforensics
but was not interested in the products, cause the correlation engine is too
simple. Without a good correlation engine a SIM is not different from a log
analyzer.

Vu Anh Tu
FPT Telecom