Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Getting a personal smart card

From: "Geoffrey Gowey" <gjgowey () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 08:26:14 -0700

I'm not entirely certain that is how these devices operate.  I could
be wrong on this, but I think they already come preloaded with a
unique, non-interchangeable private key.  If the key is
lost/stolen/damaged then the certificate would be revoked by your
internal CA.  These models may be different though, but I would need
to read the docs to see.