Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Freeware to Generate AD Group Permission Setting

From: "Kurt Buff" <kurt.buff () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 08:11:59 -0700

fileacl - http://www.gbordier.com/gbtools/fileacl29.htm

Awesome tool, will also generate its output so that it's a batchfile,
allowing you to reproduce permissions and reapply if you need to.

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 4:51 AM,  <ACWANG0048 () gmail com> wrote:
Dear all,

My company requests me to generate the AD groups's permission setting so that we can review the setup on a regular
basis. So may I know whether there is any freeware that will gather the information from AD and generate the
following (or similar) reports?

Group Name        Folder Name     Permission

User A group      C:\main         Read+ write

Many Thanks,

Wang