Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: remote control program

From: Adriel Desautels <adriel () netragard com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 19:01:08 -0400

Sergio,
There are many powerful remote control technologies that you can use in the place of this tool. I'd not suggest using any RAT tools that mimic Trojan like behavior. With that said, I am only forming my opinion based on what I have read in this threat. I have no personal experience with Logmein. Have you considered anything like reverse VNC? Not sure if that would meet your requirements.

Regards,
        Adriel T. Desautels
        Chief Technology Officer
        Netragard, LLC.
        Office : 617-934-0269
        Mobile : 617-633-3821
        http://www.linkedin.com/pub/1/118/a45

        Join the Netragard, LLC. Linked In Group:
        http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/48683/0B98E1705142

Netragard, LLC - http://www.netragard.com  -  "We make IT Safe"
Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Assessments, Website Security

Netragard Whitepaper Downloads:
-------------------------------
Choosing the right provider : http://tinyurl.com/2ahk3j
Three Things you must know  : http://tinyurl.com/26pjsn

sgp () unsl edu ar wrote:
Thank you all for the answers, I need to implement remote administration
several branches of my clients and was evaluating the tool (Logmein) to
implement, at first I thought was spectacular, by not having to configure
anything on the routers to allow access from the internet.
But I am very concerned about whether the tool is reliable, in other words
if the company owns the tool is.
Regards.

Sergio Properzi.
San Luis Argentina.