Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Are you using Microsoft's Anti-Phishing filter?

From: louisfrankjohn () yahoo ca
Date: 9 Jun 2008 12:59:58 -0000

I use ie7 and turn the phishing filter on to avoid or identify whether sites i visit frequenting are being frauduently
mimiced. i don't know if it works.I'm trying to find out more info. I also use spoofstick and a url identification
javascript. I'm no pro at computers but i figure that if someone monitors my surfing habits then they can mimic the
sites i visit. ie7 filter does slow things down a bit but anonymous proxy surfing is slower. I also find that the ie7
filter temporarily goes off so i don't trust it's reliability.