Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: unknown user on home computer

From: "Murda Mcloud" <murdamcloud () bigpond com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 07:48:58 +1000

Does anyone else have access to the machine(physical access?).
I can see a user called david.
Before you bought the router, was there any kind of firewall and/or
anti-virus installed?

Are there any strange users on the laptop?

Have you since run any anti virus/spyware/rootkit scans?

Do you have any kind of peer to peer software that you use(eg LimeWire
bearShare etc)

It's
possible I have utilized some online program to gather information on my
system which created those files

Does this mean you're not sure if you ever did this?
Is this a lenovo laptop?