Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Spam Solution

From: "Chinnery, Paul" <PaulC () mmcwm com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 12:20:36 -0400

We're a small org (175 m/boxes) and we just switched to MXLogic (part of our switch to Qwest as our ISP).  We have been
using them for about 3 weeks and don't have any complaints.  So far, they've been really good at catching spam.  I have
yet to receive one in my mb.  Much better than on inside solution which was Mail Frontier.
Also, impact on our mail server declined from around 22% per day to around 1.1% which shows just how much of our
inbound mail was spam.
Set up was pretty easy, too.  You can do a batch upload of your users via text file.  Or the system will create the
users based on the number of inbound messages to them; i.e. when it gets to 8 it creates the user account.