Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Security markers

From: p1g <killfactory () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 20:42:14 -0500

Vulnerability Scan results?
       Number of vulnerabilities fixed since last scan

Account management
       Any stale accounts discovered?
Reported Incidents
        Defaced websites
        Number of external scans or exploit attempts
Anti Virus
       Number of detected and deleted or cleaned infections
Security Awareness
       Number of advisories sent out
       Number of security tips distributed
       Number of visits on Security awareness website
       Number of employees that took online securty awareness training
       Scores of any security awareness exams/tests

I would include some metric from any solution or tool that was
'purchased' this year.

These guys at the top are only concerned with what they get for their $$

Security is just a line item on the budget to these guys  =)