Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Any tools to log the traffic/process information on Windows startup?

From: Jørgen Hovelsen <jorgen.hovelsen () ntnu no>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 11:13:57 +0200

2guotou () gmail com wrote:
I was checking up my desktop and found unexpected network traffic (destinations including dynamic IPs within Poland,
US, and China) at windows startup (by checking the network traffic log on Kaspersky security firewall).  Most of those
traffic are UDP. I suspect they are enrollment or heartbeat signals from spywares or trojans.  However, the scans
(spybot, ad-aware, kaspersky, clamAV) yielded nothing.

To further investigate into this issue, I am trying to find a tool that can log all the network activities together
with their corresponding processes at Windows startup.  Does anyone know of such a tool?

You can download "hijackthis" and scan the computer. It can check for programs that start with Windows.

--
mvh
Jørgen H.