Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: splited file encrypted with blowfish secure?

From: "Andre Pawlowski" <sqall () h4des org>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 11:43:17 +0100

From: Roscoe <eocsor_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 14:09:41 +1300

I've never written anything in PHP here so I might be way off...But a
16MB memory limitation would only stop you from reading the entire
file into memory at once.
The way I'd do would be to read/encrypt/write N blocks at a time.
[This is similar in principle to what you're doing, except without the
need for separate files or reinitialization of the block cipher mode.]

-- Roscoe