Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Windoze GPO Question

From: "Jason Hurst" <Jason.Hurst () PandaRG com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 14:42:55 -0800

Hi Jon,

Yes, the GPO's are not configured correctly.

Each GPO is downloaded to the local machine and applied at that machine,
otherwise all a hacker would have to do to defeat the security is to
unplug the machine.

They need to create an OU and different set of objects for mobile users,
and insure that the settings are appropriate for the mobile environment.

Jason Hurst
Network Security Administrator
Panda Restaurant Group
jason.hurst () pandarg com