Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Best Practices

From: "John" <tornado579 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 14:42:01 +0530

Sure thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: aditya mukadam [mailto:aditya.mukadam () gmail com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2009 1:57 PM
To: security basics
Cc: John
Subject: Re: Best Practices

Hello John,

Please take a look at below link. There is lot of resource available for you
to get/prepare the required security practices for the respective
departments.

http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/PubsTC.html

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Aditya Govind Mukadam

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 5:32 PM, John <tornado579 () gmail com> wrote:

Hi All,

I was just wondering whether we have any web resources which will
cater to best information security practices follwed for the following
departments:

1. IT
2. HR
3. Admin / Facilities

I know there are standards like ISO 27001 but it does not exactly go
in the details. For e.g. If company has access control cards issued to
the employees....what are the pros and cons of this control from Risk
perspective and any other alternatives to this control etc.

Please comment.

Thanks.