Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Authentication solution

From: "Matt Flynn" <mflynn () netvision com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 12:49:34 -0600

Saqib,

There are a number of solutions for consumer-focused strong
authentication.  RSA has solutions that remember the user's hardware and
habits, for example, and request additional authentication based on
behavior.  There are also solutions that leverage mobile phones, typing
rhythm, or a user's ability to recognize human faces.  Arcot has a nice
solution, though, too with very good security.

I haven't used Symplified (I'm not in that type of job) but I've looked
at their architecture and it looks strong.  They essentially provide
WebSSO but with an on-demand architecture.  The founders built the
product that is now RSA's WebSSO product.  So, they know what they're
doing.

If you're new to the IAM market, my suggestion is to hook up with a
consultant who knows the ins and outs of the product offerings.  If they
listen to your needs, they can probably quickly create a short list for
your evaluation.  There are lots of options.  The key is finding a
solution that matches your unique needs.

Matt

Matthew Flynn
Director of Marketing & Strategy
NetVision