Security Basics mailing list archives

skills for mastering border security (firewalls,ips etc)

From: a bv <vbavbalist () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 21:44:06 +0200

Hi,
I was thinking a few days ago that as time goes and other work load
comes , managin g the firewall nearly became only about entering rules
when someone needs an access. Though we need it everywhere even the
protocol knowledge became weak cause of not using low-level things.
So i had a question in my mind and wanted to ask you. What do you
think, what are the skills for mastering firewalls, ips and generally
border security. And how to manage these systems , more than clicking
and giving John the ftp access at Juniper Checkpoint etc.

Regards