Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Third Party Patch Management

From: aaaa () bbbb com
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 22:08:37 -0600

I've been using Secunia PSI, their personal use software vulnerability scanner for over a year now.  I like what it
does.  It provides links to patches that you can install.  They have a corporate version also.  I think it will, but
don't know for sure that it will allow you to patch systems remotely.

http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/corporate/tour/

krymson personally I think your suggestion to not bother patching apps for the life of the hardware is not good.  If
you keep track of software vulnerabilities that are reported and patched you'd have seen that too many of the
vulnerabilities are so severe that not patching them for 3 years would be a very bad idea.