Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: List of Information Security Threats

From: m.amit30 () gmail com
Date: 5 Mar 2009 16:01:19 -0000

hi ronish,
 my dear frnd in general threats are divided into two parts:internal and external but in more specific way they can be
classified as:(1)communication & network threats (2) physical threats
(1) communication & network threats include sniffing, poisoning (ARP & DNS) etc.
(2)physical threats are again divided into two parts:hardware & software..hardware type include manufacturer error and
natural disasters..software include viruses,worms etc etc.

i also want to point out the most dangerous attacks:
1)DOS/DDOS(against availability)
2)social engg.(general but most dangerous)
3)man in the middle attack(against confidentiality)
(its my opinion i don't know what other say on this but according to me these are the most dangerous attacks)