Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: truecrypt can't ncrypt linux

From: A K <platsakos () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 02:17:15 +0200

Not sure about pendrives but if that was Debian, you would be using
dm-crypt and encrypted FS, asking for password (or keyfile) in boot time.
Once again, since you are asking about a pendrive distro then YMMV.
J.Bakshi wrote:
Dear list,

Perhaps you can recall me as few days ago I seek your suggestion to secure my
pendrive (running puppy) with encryption technology and almost all of you
suggested me truecrypt. I did some search on that direction but finally I
have found that truecrypt can't encrypt linux os as hidden os. I can imazine
that near future that can support linux hidden os too. But what might be the
alternative meantime ? Here is my scenario again.

I have 8 GB pendrive with puppy, dbpan, memtest84
Grub is installed as bootloader. I like to encrypt puppy, best is hide it as
truecrypt does with hidden os. So ther must be a bootloader which can support
encrypted partition.