Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Conflict of interests

From: Richard Thomas <austindad () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 11:33:12 -0500

Al,

Based on what you have provided regarding your role, then no, it is
not reasonable for you to request persistent privileged access.  The
information you need can be provided by the tools you mentioned and by
reports generated by the IT department on a regular basis.  Occasional
privileged access may be in order for periodic audits to ensure the
information provided by the IT department is accurate.  Good luck.

Richard Thomas