Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Security Checklist

From: "Dave Kleiman" <dave () davekleiman com>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 01:53:51 -0400

First, is your company bound by any regulatory compliance (SoX, HIPAA, or maybe PCI)?

A bunch have already suggested excellent checklists, since you mentioned Windows systems you might want to include the
MS Common Criteria Guidelines, there are a bunch of checklists here:

Then there are tools like S-Lok, that automate all those checklists and even provide a safety system in case someone
alters something that is listed on the checklist, it changes it back and creates a log entry.
http://www.s-doc.com/products/slok.asp

Respectfully,

Dave Kleiman - http://www.DigitalForensicExpert.com
http://www.ComputerForensicExaminer.com - http://DigitalForensicAnalyst.com

4371 Northlake Blvd #314
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
561.310.8801

Digital Computer Forensics + Data Recovery + Electronic Discovery