Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Dealing with Scans (portscans, vulnerability, etc.)

From: "Holger Reichert" <holger.reichert () holysword de>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 21:26:05 +0100

Hi,
just one hint regarding the topic of reporting this to a contact of the
company of where the attacking IP address is located.
In my times of defence system administration I decided to report major scans
to companies within my own country, which were the origin of attacks like
this. They were always very grateful, as they had not detected yet, that
they were hacked and their system used for scannings.

Kind regards
Holger Reichert
Holysword GbR
Information Security Consulting