Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: USB GSM Adapters

From: gremagehan () web de
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 21:47:50 +0200

Hello Morgan,

i can`t remember exactly anymore (it is more than 4 months  ago and it
was also not the main reason for my trip. Usually I need for that ca. 1
hour. In this case I wasted 2 of 3 Ours wit this "topic"), but I thing
it was written in manufacturer documentation
It is possible, that this card is an GPRS card and this connection is
too slow for an VPN connection?
We have required a LAN-connection with 100Mbit/s. But they cannot do a
such connection yet. It was so to say only an experiment.

What is an reasonable transfer rate for good vpn connection? Or it`s
depending on amount of data?

Martin