Security Basics mailing list archives

URL pipelining

From: ".\\lgp" <lgpmsec () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 01:56:00 +0300

Hi again,

I've read that support for URL-Request Pipelining has interesting
consequences. For example, as explained in this paper by Daniel Roelker
(http://www.defcon.org/images/defcon-11/dc-11-presentations/dc-11-Roelker/dc
-11-roelker-paper.pdf), it can be used for evading detection by Intrusion
Detection Systems. Also, it can be used in HTTP Response-Splitting style
attacks.

One thing I would like to know is whether this threat can be addressed, and
if so how.

Thank you,
Lgp.

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1