Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Poor Man's E-Commerce

From: Robin Wood <dninja () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 09:32:01 +0100

The one thing that I see that could be a problem is that when you call
the exec the parameters passed to the app will show up in a process
list so any users on the machine running ps at that time will see all
the data. I don't know how much better the php libraries are but they
might be worth looking at - http://php.net/manual/en/book.gnupg.php .

Also, if someone can get on and modify the php files they can also
potentially modify the sha1 so while that is an extra layer it can't
be relied on 100% to ensure the files haven't changed.

As for the rest of it, I'll let someone with PCI experience comment on that.

Robin