Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Linux rootkit question

From: "J.Bakshi" <j.bakshi () unlimitedmail org>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 18:09:00 +0530

Thanks

On 03/02/2010 05:53 PM, ring0 m0n5ter wrote:
hello bakshi,

Rootkits are employed for different purposes...
And commonly it is used to hide some resource....
There are n number of rootkitting techniques available today.......
You can install rootkits in vmware....
Rootkitting and  virtualization are different, unless the rootkit
checks for virtualization(VMware)...

This site is packed with really good rootkit resources
http://www.rootkit.com/

      This book is really good resource to learn about rootkits,
      //

      /Rootkits/: subverting the Windows kernel - Greg Hoglund, James
      Butler

regards,
palaniyappan
malware analyst,
India

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 4:28 PM, J. Bakshi <j.bakshi () unlimitedmail org