Security Basics mailing list archives

Vulnerabilities Animated Clips

From: "Maty Siman" <maty () checkmarx com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 10:04:23 +0200

One of the biggest challenges of the security community is to build true
SDLC (Secure development Life Cycle).
The biggest obstacle is that application developers at large lack the
know-how and motivation to address application risk.
At Checkmarx labs we thought that a new approach to application developers
might help them cross the barrier.
We have developed as a pilot including two short animated clips that should
help developers understand a security flaw, how it can be detected and
consequently prevented.
We built one clip for SQL Injection and another for Parameter Tampering -
limited up to 5 minutes each.

We would appreciate feedback from the OWASP community whether the effort is
meaningful and should it be extended.
Please feel free to use the clips freely.

The clips can be found at:
SQL Injection : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjDrseRLyuA&hd=1
Parameter Tampering: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5LCDEDn7FY&hd=1

Yours,

Maty Siman , CISSP
CTO
Checkmarx

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1