Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Checkpoint smart defance as IPS

From: "Craig S. Wright" <craig.wright () Information-Defense com>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 07:10:33 +1000

Not at all. Your comment was:
"An IPS that decrypts SSL does not exist."

This is blatantly false. IDS, IPS, Wireshark even all have SSL decryption
capabilities. There is no requirement for a separate proxy.

Checkpoint has this capability. NO extra proxy. You seem to be missing that
distinction.

Regards,
Dr. Craig S Wright GSE-Malware, GSE-Compliance, LLM, & ...
Information Defense Pty Ltd