Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Windows Media Player Share access attempt by unknown PC on LAN

From: "Brad Bemis" <brad.bemis () secureitexpert com>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 16:11:55 -0700

I'd consider reimaging the machine and turning on full logging to see if
anything tries to touch it again in the future.  You may also want to
consider implementing a snort IPS on the relevant segment to see if there is
any suspicious traffic on the network.

Thank you for your time and attention,

Brad Bemis, CISSP, CISA
Information Security Professional