Security Basics mailing list archives

Career change advice

From: lloyd.personal () googlemail com
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 14:15:53 -0700

Dear all,
I'm after a bit of advice and direction regarding a career change into computer/network security. I am 24 years old and
have no job experience in the field of security apart from it being a self taught hobby of mine. I have been looking
around for jobs but most require experience and various qualifications. I will be enrolling at London Metropolitan
University to start the first of many Cisco exams leading up to CISSP. In the mean time could anyone advise me what the
best way is to get into the security business? And any tips on the direction I should be going in? Any other advice is
much appreciated.
Many thanks
Lloyd

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1