Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: IT Manager to CISO

From: "David Gillett" <gillettdavid () fhda edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 13:21:58 -0700

   I've heard CISSPs faulted for not knowing the technical ins and outs of
every permission flag on platform XYZ -- which isn't what the cert is about,
and it's rarely part of a CISO's day-to-day responsibilities.  But "idiotic
blunders" isn't a characterization I've heard applied to that, so I'll
assume you have something else in mind, right?  Could you point me to a
couple of examples?

David Gillett