Security Basics mailing list archives

Secure Network | Requirements

From: Muhammad Aslam <aslam.popal () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 19:17:17 +0430

All

I would like to know whether anyone have had any solution for the
following scenario and also need to have an insight on best practices
in security industry

I have setup a network where the management has requested to block all
kind of access to the network by means of blocking USB, CD-Drives as
well filtering internet by blocking all ports except for the needed
ones ( even file sharing)

So in this scenario i have one section who commonly bring data from
outside and all the data is whether on their cell phones or thumb
drives and those media are not secure and also not properly maintained
in terms of viruses / trojans so would like to what is the best
practice in this scenario to copy such data to the network ? and also
has anyone implemented such setup , please share your experiences ?

Regards

-Aslam

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1