Security Basics mailing list archives

Seeking syntax help with Microsoft logParser

From: Pranav Lal <pranav.lal () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 16:51:35 +0530

Hi all,

I am trying to query some Exchange 2007 logs using Microsoft
logParser. I cannot query for any field that has a dash character "-"
in it. So, a query like the one below is not working.
logParser -i:w3c "select message-subject from msg.log"
When I run the above query, I get the following error message.
H:\lg>logParser -i:w3c "select message-subject from msg.log"
Error: SELECT clause: Syntax Error: unknown field 'message-subject'.
The closest match for input format 'W3C' is 'date-time,client-ip,client-hostname
,server-ip,server-hostname,source-context,connector-id,source,event-id,internal-
message-id,message-id,recipient-address,recipient-status,total-bytes,recipient-c
ount,related-recipient-address,reference,message-subject,sender-address,return-p
ath,message-info'.
To see valid fields for the W3C input format type:
LogParser -h -i:W3C
H:\lg>

What am i missing?
Pranav

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1