Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: product to send confidnetial informatiion to clients

From: Allan Wind <allan_wind () lifeintegrity com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 18:04:40 -0500

On 2011-02-28 12:39:32, Juan B wrote:
I am looking for a product/application which will manage all the sending of
information to 3 parties working with the bank.

You probably want to spell out what you mean with "sending of
information".  What is being sent?  Are you trying to protect
documents, or are you trying to protect a connection?  How is it
being sent?  If the application is email then you want to look
into s/mine, or gpg/pgp.  There are services like Hushmail that
claim to be secure <http://www.hushmail.com/>.  If a shared
folder is more like it then maybe Dropbox would be of interest
<https://www.dropbox.com/help/27>.  If the sender is an
application and you want a secure connection then https or vpn
would be appropriate.

/Allan
--
Allan Wind
Life Integrity, LLC

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1