Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Building a career in vulnerability detection/assessment, penetrating testing and forensics

From: Madhur Ahuja <ahuja.madhur () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 22:51:36 +0530

Hi Jonathan

Well, I fully agree with you in this part that areas which I have
mentioned are indeed broad. It would be premature for me to point out
any particular area at this moment since I do not have any
professional experience in these apart from my undergraduate education
in Computer Science. During my undergraduate education, I had a strong
interest and passion in exploring tools and using Linux network
security tools like Nmap, Ettercap and Wireshark.

I am taking a break from my job in services/consulting and and plan to
pursue my Masters in information Systems specializing in information
security. I am looking for pointers on how to make best use of this
opportunity to begin my career in any of the areas mentioned below and
then dig deeper into the particular area as I get more and more
informed about this field.

Thanks again for your pointers.

Madhur