Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: OpenSource/FreeWare Penetration Tools and Methodology

From: "Digital DelaCroix" <delacroix () inmyhouse net>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 15:47:39 +0800

It is! VERY! Much Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: listbounce () securityfocus com [mailto:listbounce () securityfocus com] On
Behalf Of André Gasser
Sent: Saturday, November 26, 2011 6:17 AM
To: security-basics () securityfocus com
Subject: Re: OpenSource/FreeWare Penetration Tools and Methodology

Hi,

On 11/18/2011 03:25 AM, Digital DelaCroix wrote:
Hi Guys,

It's a fact NMAP is on top of the list, but want to get your inputs on
other
(free) tools you can use for doing PenTest and even better how you do it.
i.e. reconnaissance, privilege escalation, Scanning, etc.. eager to
learn from the experience of you experts.

Much Thanks,

DeLaCroix

I attended a security conference recently and some of the guys there had a
speech about "PTES" which means "Penetration Testing Execution Standard".
They want to establish another kind of methodology for penetration testing,
since they realized that there is quite a lot of confusion and a lack of
good standards in this area (my interpretation).

They're building this thing right now and generally appreciate feedback on
this. You can find PTES here:

http://www.pentest-standard.org

Could be interesting to you.

HTH,
André

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate In this guide we
examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We
look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers
can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server.
Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure
efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital
certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727
d1