Security Basics mailing list archives

SIEM esp calculation

From: a.alii85 () gmail com
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 11:21:06 GMT

hey.,

I want help regarding calculation of EPS. I have just completed writing RFP for SIEM project in my company. I now just
want to add esp values in the environment section of the document.

I want to calculate esp based upon following values :

Peak Instantaneous Rate

Peak Daily Rate

Average Daily Rate

Please recommend me the devices (network) and systems across which the esp should be calculated also do i need syslog
server to baselines my requirements or it could also be done using command lines switches in devices like router and
firewall.

Looking forward to hear from you.

regards,
asad

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1