Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Logs from Firewall NetScreen

From: pkc mls <pkc_mls () yahoo fr>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 09:37:24 +0200

Le 05/09/2011 23:03, nbniel () gmail com a écrit :
Hello,
I'm wonder if someone knows what are the options of logs that should be activated in the syslogs of firewall netscreen,
in my case, we have the next log settings:
- Emergency    ->  Activated
- Alert        ->  Activated
- Critical     ->  Activated
- Error        ->  Activated
- Warning      ->  Deactivated
- Notification ->  Deactivated
- Information  ->  Deactivated
- Debugging    ->  Deactivated

But i'do not know if they are the best practices, i would think to keep activated just Emergency, Alert, Critical and
Notification but i'm not sure; or the other option is to activate all...
The problem with the last is that there's too much information that my SIEM received and don't know if every event is
important to monitor...
I hope someone could help me...
Hi,

you'll find all relevant information in the "concept and example guide" available at : http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/screenos/screenos6.3.0/630_ce_all.pdf

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1