Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Unknown user found in AD and SonicWall

From: Keith Kooyman <kckooyman () tstc edu>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 09:55:18 -0500

You could also setup a host IPS on the affected server.  OSSEC is an open source HIPS that will also monitor logs and
alert in real time when defined events occur.  I've been faced with similar situations over the years.  The thing to
get management to understand is that the network and servers are property of the company, not the vendor.  The vendor
must comply with proper security defined by your IT dept, not by the vendor.

Keith

Sent from my iPad