Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Best Practice Deployment SonicWall Firewalls / Wireless

From: Dav Fisher <dfisher3202 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 16:15:09 -0700

Gustavo,

First, I work for Dell SonicWALL, so take this for what it is worth.

A great resource for best practice is
http://www.sonicwall.com/us/support/3643.html#tab=kb. This is Dell
SonicWALL's Knowledge Base and all you have to do is enter 'best
practice' in the search box and you will get a ton of articles.

If you have something in particular, please let me know and I can try
and help you with more info. Also, there is a good book out called,
"SonicWALL Secure Wireless Network Integrated Solutions Guide" that is
great for going over wireless and best practices.

Keith, Check Point is a great product and when I was a consultant,
they were the best game in town. Made some good money installing and
maintaining them due to their complexity. Not knowing your experience
with Dell SonicWALL, why not take another look
(http://livedemo.sonicwall.com)? I would have no problem with
replacing Check Point  with Dell SonicWALL, from small to large
enterprises based on cost, DPI, scalability, ease of use, etc.

Regards,

Dav

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1