Security Basics mailing list archives

[Announcement null-Project] GameOver – Web PenTest Learning Platform

From: Jovin Lobo <j0k3r () null co in>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 10:45:55 +0530

Hi All,

We at null have come up with an open-source project called GameOver (
http://null.co.in/2012/06/14/gameover-web-pentest-learning-platform/
). GameOver is a GNU/Linux distribution based on Voyage Linux (Voyage
0.8) and we have included a set of deliberately insecure web
applications for learning web security. The objective of this project
is to educate users about the various aspects of web security and also
to provide a legal environment to try their skills and practice.

Let me introduce you to null security community.

null - The open security community, a registered non-profit society in
India. null is by far the largest security community in India with
more than 2000 members. It is a community of information security
professionals, ethical hackers and law enforcement professionals that
focuses on infosec research and assisting Govt. and private
organizations with cyber security issues. null has 7 chapters through
out India, Pune, Bangalore, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Delhi, Chennai and
Bhopal, which are run entirely by volunteers, Interacting with around
5000-6000 people by various activity like monthly meets, security
camps, workshops, talks at various events & organizations and running
some security projects. Our portal http://null.co.in provides free
information on security research, responsible vulnerability
disclosure, open source security software project such as white
papers, presentations, meetups etc for the community.

  As a part of null initiative we also organize nullcon - The
International Security Conference (http://nullcon.net), our annual
flag-ship event is held in Goa in the month of February. nullcon is
our annual International security conference, where we call upon
security experts from around the world to deliver talks and workshops
on the latest happenings in the security and hacking world. The talks
range from web hacking, security & hacking tools, phone hacking, cyber
warfare to zero day vulnerabilities. This is a one of a kind of
conference being held in India(Goa & Delhi) at this scale which is
entirely managed by volunteers.

Thanks !!!

Regards,
null -The open security community

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1