Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Exploitable vulnerabilities in Microsoft IIS/7.0

From: Marcelo Ferreira de Carvalho <marcelocarvalho09 () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 14:33:12 -0300

Is really difficult find out a exploitable vulnerability on IIS, because microsoft has been spend a big effort to look for privately vulnerability every monthy. Just to you hv a good idea the last most powerful threat discovery of the earth THE FLAME, uses a stolen digital certificate instead exploitable code

actually mostly casual or acidental bug are discovered..but the first technical step to take is use a good fuzzer like http://lcamtuf.coredump.cx/cross_fuzz/cross_fuzz_randomized_20110105_seed.html#-939906642, and the next step if you hv luck and find out a Access Violation memory u can debug it with windbg and build your exploit...

I advise u add some good researchers on your twitter to be on line and learn abt last discoveries and who knows a Zero days..

marcelo carvalho

-----Original Message----- From: Nikhil Varghese