Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: How to prevent zero day attacks

From: GreyHat LispHacker <greyhatlisphacker () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 22:55:40 -0400

The following link provide a more rigorous framework for
conceptualizing security problems:

Language Theoretic Security:
http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~sergey/langsec/

Lesson 1: Do not provide a user with more computing power than
absolutely necessary.
Lesson 2: Security must be considered *before* implementation, not
after.  It needs to be part of the design process.
Lesson 3: Formally verify, if necessary, essential security
properties, particularly protocols and input parsers.

Most of this needs to be done by the developers and system analysts
before problems arise.