Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Linux Web Server Hardening (LAMP + Wiki)

From: Ansgar Wiechers <bugtraq () planetcobalt net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 13:53:34 +0100

On 2013-01-28 Eric Furman wrote:
On Fri, Jan 25, 2013, at 04:31 PM, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
Is anyone aware of a hardening guide for a Linux LAMP server with a
Wiki component?

I have an older Linux Server hardening book, but nothing recent. I
have not seen a Wiki hardening document.

Don't use Linux. It is insecure. Use Windows or one of the BSDs.
All are much more secure.

Do you have an argument to go with that opinion?

Regards
Ansgar Wiechers
--
"All vulnerabilities deserve a public fear period prior to patches
becoming available."

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1