Security Basics mailing list archives

[MailServer Resend] Resending quarantined email -- use caution when opening.Damn Vulnerable IOS App v1.0 launched

From: <spamadmin () itslearning com>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 12:12:37 +0100

----- Original Message Header -----
Subject: Damn Vulnerable IOS App v1.0 launched
From: prateek.searchingeye () gmail com;
To: pen-test () securityfocus com; security-basics () securityfocus com;
webappsec () securityfocus com;
Cc:
-----------------------------------

Warning: Attachment contains virus code or meets the filtering/blocking
rules.  Use caution when accessing the contents.
--- Begin Message --- From: Prateek Gianchandani <prateek.searchingeye () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 17:37:33 +0530
Hi All,

It gives me great pleasure to announce v1.0 of Damn Vulnerable IOS =

Application http://damnvulnerableiosapp.com

Damn Vulnerable IOS App (DVIA) is an IOS application that is damn =

vulnerable. Its main goal is to provide a platform to mobile security =

enthusiasts/professionals or students to test their IOS penetration =

testing skills in a legal environment. This application covers all the =

common vulnerabilities found in IOS applications (following OWASP top 10 =

mobile risks) and contains several challenges that the user can try. =

This application also contains a section where a user can read various =

articles on IOS application security. The vulnerabilities and solutions =

covered in this app are tested upto IOS 7.0.4 .

DVIA is free and open source. You can download it from =

http://damnvulnerableiosapp.com/#downloads

This project has also been added to OWASP list of Mobile Tools  =

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_DVIA=E2=80=8E

Any feedbacks/suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Prateek

This list is sponsored by Cenzic
--------------------------------------
Let Us Hack You. Before Hackers Do!
It's Finally Here - The Cenzic Website HealthCheck. FREE.
Request Yours Now!
http://www.cenzic.com/2009HClaunch_Securityfocus

--- End Message ---
Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1