Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: UnixWare

From: ccsis () ss1 bath ac uk (Icarus Sparry)
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 1994 02:09:22 +0100

Bennett Todd writes:
The only email transport agent I've heard of that is really designed
in a more modular style, and still offers the functionality sendmail
has led people to expect and demand, is Zachariassen's zmailer.

It is also worth looking at MMDF, and PP. MMDF is designed with a
modular style, i.e. one program to accept mail, one program to
deliver it, one program per 'channel' to transform it as required.

It was a pity that MMDF required filling in a license originally,
whilst sendmail was free. If it had been the other way around I am
sure that we would all be using MMDF.

MMDF can be found in ftp.uu.net:/networking/mail/mmdf