Bugtraq mailing list archives

Archive?/sendmail holes?/rdist hole?

From: rodnite () holonet net (Andrew T. Rodnite)
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 94 11:13:13 PDT

Hi,

        1) Is there an Archive for for Bugtraq? Where is it located and
           How far does it go back?

        2) I'm looking for an exploit script and the fix for the sendmail
           piping to a file problem. To the best of my recollection there
           was a problem with sendmail in that one could pipe to a file
           e.g. /.rhosts and the solution was to simply take one line out
           of the sendmail.cf.

        3) What was the specific rdist hole? Other than enabling rdist
           seems insecure from the get go but was there something unique
           about rdist that could still be used against lets say an pro-
           perly configured Internet firewall system. Could someone
           explain to me how rdist works i.e. how exactly does it ac-
           complish its job?

                                                Thanks,
                                                Andrew Rodnite
                                                (612) 937-4667