Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: vixie cron

From: roberto () blaise ibp fr (Ollivier ROBERT)
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 1994 10:18:03 +0200 (MET DST)

i have recently heard that vixie cron, pre version 3.0??, has several holes in t.   can anyone confirm this?  what is
the recommended upgrade path?  replace
with version 3.0 or is there a newer more secure version yet?

The last one is 3.0 PL 1. I do not have that much information about the
holes themselves but I guess that they would enable anyone to open
privileged files and such.

Most versions of Linux and both FreeBSD and NetBSD have 3.0p1. It has been
posted in comp.sources.misc if I remember well.

--
Ollivier ROBERT                                           roberto () hsc fr net
Hervé Schauer Consultants                Ollivier.Robert () keltia frmug fr net